Sunday, July 09, 2006

29 years


This is my first ever blog entry. Many questions swirl in my mind such as "Am I wasting my time doing this?" and "Will anyone care about what I'm writing?" I guess we'll just see...if you read this, please add a comment to the blog so I know I'm not rambling for nothing.

Well, I've come a long way over the past 29 years. My 29th birthday is coming up in a week, and I don't know if it's the birthday or our recent move back to Texas from Colorado that has me reminiscing these days. I've thought about my high school and college years and about the people I've crossed paths with. Some of those friends have recrossed my path since coming back to Texas, and it has been great to reconnect with them. My analytical brain takes me off on weird tangents sometimes, and as I was running back through memories, I thought, "I wonder if anyone I'm remembering ever thinks of me anymore." Kind of a weird thought, but a more veiled form of "Have I made a true, positive impact on people with the nearly 3 decades I've been given with so far?" Some of the people I recollected were people I had a chance to share my faith with who "prayed the prayer" but I didn't see a lot of fruit after that. I wonder if they really became a Christian or just went through the motions. Is there a way for us ever to know if they truly have a relationship with Christ or did they think that saying the prayer was like getting a golden ticket to heaven and they didn't have to do anything else? My prayer for them has been that the Holy Spirit would woo them back to God and either fan the embers of their faith back into flame or light their faith for the very first time through whatever means He sees best.

Hope you're still with me. That got pretty deep, pretty fast. Life has changed a lot in the past month and only looks to change more in the next month or so. Amy will give birth to our 2nd child (Blake Allen Collier) sometime this month, and I will start seminary in August. Our firstborn, Will, turns 2 this month as well. We're trying to get settled into our new home and find a church. I'm sure there will be a lot to blog about, so I'll try to make some time to keep people up to date.

6 comments:

Amy Colon said...

Try Northwood Church in Keller!

Anonymous said...

We miss you Colliers. You've got family in CO if God ever brings you back this way. I can't wait to see what you'll be learning. Hugs and Kisses to the fam.

Jayme said...

Welcome to the world of the bloggers. It sucks you in, man. It's been good seeing you and Amy the past few days. I'm glad y'all are here. Hope you have a great birthday-week. See you soon.

Chriseric said...

Just don't let blogging life get the better of you. Good blogs have a person behind them that has been sucked into a blogging lifestyle. You can start living your life in relation to what you'll blog. But for most normal people who don't have emotional problems to cause this, they usually end up constantly guilt-tripping about how much they could but don't blog. The key, as with most things, is 'balance'. Welcome to the high-wire. :)

--Chris Milliken

Anonymous said...

welcome to the blogosphere. you're so hip. ;-) miss you guys.

Anonymous said...

I feel so special knowing that I helped inspire you to blog! It's as if I'm almost famous!!