Saturday, October 07, 2006

Out of the Cave

I have been buried in a cave here recently, and that cave's name is seminary. I'm so glad for this past week to be over. The short of it...3 papers and a major Greek test. I tell people I've not bit off more than I can chew, but I am having a difficult time swallowing it. The worst part of being so busy w/ work and school--not having time to slow down and be with God. The 2nd worst part is not having time to slow down and be with my family. Amy has been more than wonderful lately. She realizes it's a load and is doing more than most people would in order to help me know it's okay. I'm really struggling in the "quiet time" area with God. I go to chapel 3 days a week, we talk about scripture in class, and I go to church on Sundays. Most people would say, "You've got a lot of God time." Well, I enjoy all of this time, but I also long for simple, quiet moments alone with God to interact with him through his word and prayer. Time seems scarce these days, and I'm getting less sleep than I did any other time in my life, so I'm trying to figure out a way to make time for God. I've tried in the morning, and that's been rather unsuccessful. At night, I'm nodding off. During the day, I go straight from school to work. I'm at a loss. If you're out there reading this, please say a quick prayer for me. Thanks.

On another note, in the midst of my cave experience this week, God has hightened my interest in Church Planting again. It was Church Planters Week at Seminary, and I'm keeping my heart open to what God has in store for us. Some people (like our moms) my get petrified after reading these statements assuming that I'm saying that I am absolutely going into church planting. Rest assured moms, God hasn't said to go yet, but I do warn you that He's done it before and I'll say yes again if He does it again.

No comments: