Friday, February 16, 2007

One Challenging Week

It's been a challenging week to say the least. Last Sunday morning, my dad called and told me my grandmother passed away. This was my mom's mom, and we lost my grandfather over Christmas, so my mom has lost both parents in a very short amount of time. My grandmother was in advanced stages of Alzheimer's, and she really hasn't been herself for the past 5-10 yrs. The great news is that she is free now. She was a Christian, and it's encouraging to know that she no longer has a frail body and weak mind. Thank you, Jesus.

Just as we were trying to get everything ready to travel to the funeral, Blake got a stomach bug. As a precaution, I made the trip on my own and Amy stayed with the boys. Subsequently, Blake shared the virus with Amy and Will. I returned late Wednesday night, and I was supposed to have a Greek test on Wed., but my professor let me do it today instead. I was far from ready for the test but gave it my best anyhow. I'm just glad this week is over and as of yet, I'm not sick.

Exciting news for us...we're taking a trip to Colorado! Over spring break, we're going to drive up and spend a week with friends and family. I'm completely psyched about this trip. I'm going to get to ski with one of my best friends(see picture) and reconnect w/ people we haven't seen in 7 months. Woo Hoo!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

looking forward to see y'all. i'll be in salt lake during the big reunion on the 11th, but i expect i'll be seeing you upon my return. safe travels!