Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Oh, to be a Kid Again!

Amy celebrated her 30th birthday this past Sunday. I decided to theme her birthday, so it was "Oh, to be a kid again". I bought some candy from the mall candy store that was representative of our childhood...remember pop rocks, ring pops, wax lips, fun dip, gummy bears, and pixi stixs? She wanted a chocolate chip cookie instead of a cake for her birthday, so I got her a Strawberry Shortcake cookie made at Wal-Mart (which is nearly half the price of Great American Cookie Company). I also gave her a fake newspaper with events from the year she was born. We were going to go to Chuck E. Cheese, but she shot that one down. I also gave her nice things. She got some jewelry, and Will and Blake gave her a gift certificate for an hour massage at massage envy. Amy's parents came up for the weekend, so we hung out with them and put up our Christmas tree. We took Amy to lunch at Mimi's Cafe, which was awesome, as usual.

In other news, I finished my last final today. I'm out of school for a month, so that should be relaxing. I'd like to do some leisure reading during the break, but I'm not sure how much I'll get done. I took Amy to see Handel's Messiah last night, and it was pretty good. Blake is rolling over, and Will continues to do well at potty training.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What?! No Razzles?